How to Create a Video Instruction
SUPA Video Maker is a simple and affordable service which will help you to create video instruction quickly and easily.
Use template libraryShow more
Types of training videos: what to choose for your product or service
And is there any other video type that could be more significant than an instruction video? What are the types of video guides? What is the principle to build content and create video tutorials? Everything in order.
There are 6 directions of instruction video:
- Micro-instructions are short videos, mostly up to 60 seconds long, that describe one narrow function or characteristic of a product. Such videos are oriented to an already warmed up audience that understands the general purpose of the product, but wants to clarify some issues or solve the current problem in real time with the help of this video.
- Step-by-step instructional videos. This is a longer video format that is usually united into several lessons within a single topic or a subject. They are aimed at a comprehensive disclosure of all difficult processes, such as teaching individual patterns of a programming language, or various eyes makeup applying techniques.
- Training videos. In the accepted sense of use it is a corporate format of training videos from 1 hour for training, retraining or advanced training of personnel within the company. Such films inform about current trends in a particular area of activity, modern possibilities and technologies, or fill the gaps in current knowledge.
- Explanatory videos are shortened formats (up to 120 seconds) of long instructions that give new information about the product or service that is already familiar for audience: for example, when the updated versions of programs or services that are already popular among the consumers are released.
- Instruction-presentations. It is a format of detailed introduction of a service, product or technology. Usually, they accompany the launch of innovative products or services that were previously unknown to the potential audience.
- Screencasts are mini formats of training videos for a narrow consumer audience, which you already have very close relationships with. The key feature of such videos is the first-person presentation recorded with personal camera or computer screen online recording.
It seems that simple instructions are not important for product promotion, unlike classic video ads, but, according to WordStream, marketers who create training videos for their audience within the promotion strategy make profits 49% faster. It means that an ordinary training video can shorten the customer's way to purchase in 2 times!
How to make an instructional video to increase your girth by 157%?
According to BrightCove, the presence of video in the ad campaign provides a 1.57x increase in organic traffic. How is it possible to achieve this?
- Decide what you will get from the video: growth of site applications, increased brand awareness, familiarity with the product. Build a marketing chain based on this. Where does the client come from? What does the client see? What are his further actions after viewing the video?
- Start by choosing the video placement: Facebook or TikTok? Conversion website page or SERP block? For example, if you create a video tutorial for a landing page, this will increase conversion by 80% or more. When it comes to native Facebook videos, they can go viral for your product 10 times more than even YouTube links. By the way, here are some great tips on how to create a Facebook video, you will get a lot of interesting information there.
- Create a video script that targets your audience. Do not clutter the video with information that the potential viewers are already familiar with: a number of functions, specific slang and individual elements of products.
- Build a clear structure of the process. What do you want to teach? How is it possible to do it in the fastest way? What should your audience consider? And the most important - what is the use of your viewers learning something new?
Remember! The content should be really interesting, useful and high quality. Leave the poor quality screenshots for yourself, even if they contain the formulas of the hadron collider.
How to make a video tutorial online in Supa?
Step 1: Choose the size
Take into consideration the advertising platform requirements, or consider the video content resolution.
Step 2: Introduce illustrations
Creative photos of your product, 3D reviews, animations – use everything that decorates and makes the material brighter and more exciting!
Step 3: Add the text
If you really want to create an instruction video that not only collects views, but also sells - explain. If we are talking about speech in the background: it should be calm, clean, not monotonous and understandable. If you add an explanatory text description, it should explain everything from the video succinctly and concisely.
Step 4: Don't be afraid to work with effects
Icons, transitions between slides, pop-up elements - these things are appropriate, but not too many.
Step 5: Draw conclusions
Add a final slide or speech that summarizes the content of the entire instruction. Don’t forget about a call to action (subscribe, test, write a response, get a discount on the site). It is a real must have.
- What size to choose for video instructions in Instagram / Facebook / VK / Twitter?
The optimal video size for social sites is square, usually 1080 × 1080 pixels.
- Which instructional videos can get the most views?
According to statistics, among the most frequently viewed instructions and video tutorials are the following: recipes, life hacks, fitness classes, repair work training, applying makeup and creating hairstyles.
- What are the content requirements for the training video?
Any video must not contain obscene language, prohibited categories of goods (alcohol, tobacco, etc.), pornographic content, and scenes of violence. Also, calls for political and state coups, aggression and discriminatory statements cannot be added to the video.
- What is the optimal length of training video?
Videos up to 120 seconds long receive the highest response in the category. You can create a video in a format that is convenient for you up to 90 seconds in Supa.
- Where are the created video instructions stored?
All previously created tutorial videos are stored on the SUPA server cloud in order not to take up valuable space on your computer. You can view all saved videos in your Personal Account in ‘My Videos’ section.
- Can some people work on one video at the same time in SUPA?
Yes, for this you need to subscribe to “For the team” category of the most suitable tariff for your company. Try to make your first instruction video right now. If you want to do it, go to your personal account and get cool creative ideas from our video marketers, using over 2,000 templates for all occasions!